In your second year of Gateway, you’ll begin to develop a network of contacts and get your first major career experience.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Participate in workshops, alumni panels, career fairs, and other programs to build your knowledge, experience, and network of contacts.
- Continue meetings with your Gateway counselor to refine your career or graduate study program.
- Research opportunities of interest to you in various careers or ares of graduate study.
- Tap into Lafayette’s network of successful alumni – AlumNet – to seek advice about industries or careers of interest to you.
- Take advantage of the Externship Program.
One of the most important experiences you’ll have at any stage of Gateway is the opportunity to “shadow” a Lafayette graduate – for several days. This externship experience will enable you to observe the kinds of experience and skills you’ll need on the job and to make valuable connections with Lafayette alumni.