What is MS4?
* MS4: Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System.
* The Lehigh River has been identified as impaired with total suspended solids (TSS).
* Easton must reduce this sediment by 10% (60,670 pounds/year) over a 5 year period.
Pollution Reduction Plan Module:
- Create an online manual for the development of an EPA-Storm Water Management Model (SWMM)
- Complete a SWMM for the City of Easton
- Determine land use and physical parameters for the SWMM
- Develop a Best Management Practices (BMP) Module
- Analyze BMP locations and constraints through a Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Develop a GIS for the field inspection of BMPs
- Create an illicit detection and elimination program through GIS
- Public education, outreach, involvement, and participation
- Delineation of catch basin watersheds
- Integrate land use and physical parameters
- Integrate rainfall data
- Integrate proposed BMPs
- Determined storm sewer system capacity
- Determined TSS for 1 year – existing conditions
- Determined TSS for 1 year – proposed BMPs
- 5.2% TSS removal with proposed BMPs
BMP Types and Locations: